All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Who knew?

Apparently not us! This whole Tylenol thing with Joey has had Shawn & me upset. My poor baby could have been seriously OD'd. This morning Shawn got up and started searching & researching on-line about Tylenol w/codene, tonsils out in small children, etc...

Let me start by saying though, I've had experience with my children getting their tonsils out. The older 5 all had them out between ages 3-5. And besides Jacob being a diabetic, my kids have not been sick a lot since. Yes, we get the cold, and the stomach virus, but we do not have problems with throat or ears anymore, which was common before they came out. We never had a baby with so many problems either. To be honest, when I took Joey in to Dr. Parker, I thought maybe he would start treating his problem, and when he was older, then take them out. Dr. Parker said they needed to be out. I agreed.

Shawn has been on the Mayo Clinic (?) website, and a few other very good hospital and pharmacy websites, and no where does it say that Tylenol w/codene is recommended for children under 3. And even for a 4 yr old, it's only recommended 4 times in a 24 hr period, not 6 like Dr. Parker perscribed. Shawn told me to quit the Tylenol w/codene with Joey, and only treat him with regular Tylenol & Motrin. Every website that Shawn can find also recommends that children under the age 2-3 also be admitted to the hospital for 1 night for observation. So, here I leave yesterday with Joey, who is

  • coughing up a huge blood clot
  • 20 lbs, if that much (@ 15 months, that is good for my children), and then
  • given a wrong dosage of medicine

I guess it's nice to have a brother who is an attorney. I don't feel like I should sue, but just knowing that he is an attorney, and that he can give me legal advice for free! :-)

0 Read What I Wrote: