All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, April 04, 2008

I am tired!

Tonsils are gone! Highlights of the day:

  • Woke up @ 4:30am to get ready to go
  • Arrived in Shreveport @ 7am, got lost, and had to ask for directions
  • Joey finally goes back to surgery first @ 9:30am (2 hrs late!)
  • Lindsey soon follows. When she awakes, immediately asks where Joey was. Doctor that that was really sweet
  • Joey comes back to me, bleeding all over. Never had one to bleed like that. Today was not a good day to wear a white shirt (what was I thinking?)
  • Lindsey comes back to us, very little bleeding if any at all. Doctor said she had a lot of scar tissue, and that her tonsils fell out themselves
  • Joey coughed up a huge blood clot, and so thence, we had to stay an extra hour
  • IV's out, we leave @ 2pm
  • Arrive home with crying children @ 4pm
  • Gave Joey 2 tsp of Tylenol w/codene
  • Gave Lindsey 1 tsp of Tylenol w/codene
  • WAIT! Why did Joey get 2 tsp? Call Poison Control and Walmart Pharmacy in Shreveport. Sure enough, prescription was not written clearly, and so dosage was entered wrong. Poison Control said he should be fine... just watch for respiratory distress. As of 8:15pm, he is good
  • Feed Lindsey some ice cream, and got some water down her
  • Nursed Joey, and he is back to sleep

Tomorrow is General Conference, so I am going upstairs with them, and chilling out on the recliner as I watch it. I've already told Shawn, mother-in-law and kids that I am not cooking tomorrow, so don't be expecting it. Unless, of course, I get a load of energy between now and tomorrow...

0 Read What I Wrote: