Which really... how much evaluating do I need to do? I was talking to my friend today, about homeschool and about Elder Ballard's talk, and about anything else we could think of, and you know, my life is good. Really it is. And then I watched Cheaper by the Dozen again. That is one of Lindsey's favorite movies BTW. As I am laying on the bed trying to keep Joey asleep, which for the past 3 weeks has not been easy, I was thinking about how great my life is. I complain to much sometimes (to my mom) about Shawn, and you know what? He is an awesome husband, a great dad, and my best friend. Sure, we have had our problems (what marriage doesn't have them?), but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Even if:
- I'm up all night with a baby, sleeping on the recliner (BTW... we brought the nice recliner downstairs) or on the couch, starting at 12:30am...
- Only to be awaken by "MOM, does dad work today?" What time is it, Josh? "Oh, it's 3:30". (FYI: he's already showered & dress to go to Seminary) Go back to bed Josh...
- Joey is now up again. Can't figure out where he wants to sleep. I'm on the couch, he is heading towards my room. I put him in my bed, where he promptly goes back to sleep
- Of course, now I can't go back to sleep because my back is killing me (thanks Shawn... I hate the "sidewalk" you built!)
- Get up at 6:15, shower, get dressed, make-up on, hair done, all the while getting onto Lauren for not getting up & doing what she is suppose to be doing (you've lost your breakfast young lady! "I'll eat at school!" Fine, you do that then!) kids out the door at 7:10, change a nasty diaper, feed Joey cereal, and leave my house at 7:40
- And go sit in one of Josh's classes until 10am because some high school kids do not know how to behave, and so therefore all parents get a call to come sit in the classroom for the next 3 weeks. Like I have nothing else to do! (BTW... it's not my son, so why do I have to come?)
- Come home, walk down the hallway, and there is Lindsey butt naked. Yep, everything off! Mom: What are you doing? Lindsey: Cleaning the bathroom. So, there you have it! Cleaning the bathroom in her birthday suit!
Joey is barely nursing anymore. I offer it to him 2 times a day, and he barely nurses. I think it's more for comfort than anything, because this child was a marathon nurser for hours if I let him! I nursed him at 12:30am (1st time today), and even though he has "asked" for it again, he isn't getting it until tonight before bed. I just so need my body back. I'm tired of sharing now.
Big question now is: What's for dinner?