All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sleeping is not an option anymore...

I've pretty much decided that I will never get a good nights sleep again. Nope! Never! How sad is that? You think that since Joey now sleeps the whole night (he is doing awesome!), I can get some good sleep. Yeah, right! As most of you remember, I have to be getting up sometime between 2-3a to check Jacob's blood sugars. I've been really slacking. I've been doing it maybe 2 times a week. Yesterday though, he's had some low checks, so I decided to set my alarm at 2:15a to go check it. It was high. :-( So I gave him a correction, and then he was low when he woke up. :-( Can't win! Let me give you a recap of my night last night:

  • was in my bed by 10p
  • watched Star Wars (only because I had too... not much I can do when Shawn wants to watch some before he goes to bed) until about 11:30p
  • slept good until 2:15a... checked Jacob
  • heard a little voice "mommy, I want to sleep by you" before 3a
  • at 3:30a, heard the same voice again, "I need to throw-up." I tell Lindsey to go throw-up in the bathroom as I am taking her off my bed. I go back to sleep.
  • before 4a, I see a flashlight shining in the dining room. I ask who it is, and it's Lindsey trying to move a towel. She is using my flashlight, so she *was* quiet when she came in my room again (good girl!). I go see what she is doing... cleaning up throw-up in the storage room. Don't ask me why she is throwing up in there! I guess if I got up with her to begin with!
  • take her PJ shirt off, and put her in bed with me with the throw-up bowl. Kept smelling throw-up. Nice!
  • alarm for Josh goes off at 5:25a. No sign of him. I only set it at this time, because sometimes, but not alot, he isn't up yet. If I don't see the upstairs light on in my bedroom, then I call his cell (why get up?). He gets up and leaves for Seminary.
  • still have Lindsey in bed, and still smelling it!
  • my alarm goes off at 6:01a to get other kids up. I can't move. It goes off again, and again, and finally at 6:27a, I get my booty out of bed. Go to Jacob's room first.
  • the stinch hits me as I open the door.
  • vomit everywhere in the crib (wasn't there at 2:15a), and poor Joey is awake, but doesn't know what has happen, or even what he is suppose to do (it's all over him).
  • get him in the tub, and get Lindsey in too.
  • get the other kids out the door at 7:10a to catch the bus
  • clean & wash kids up, and get new clothes/jammies back on
  • Lindsey goes back on the toilet about 7:35a, and throws-up again all over the floor, her clean jammies & has diarrhea coming out the other end! Which I should add, Joey has had that for the past 2 days too (Kristen was sick last Friday with all this too!).
  • at 8:09a, all is well so far.

I AM SO SICK OF SICK KIDS! STAY WELL, DANG IT!

I should have told my friend Rebecca that "YES, I AM GOING!" to Time Out For Women in Oklahoma City with her and a few other sisters from church. Oh, wait, that's tomorrow! Maybe my kids will be better by then! Oh, just remember... Shawn traded days, so he is working all weekend (just found that out last night!). He was suppose to work today and tomorrow, but he will get extra pay if he worked (and they asked him to because they need extra people) Sat, & Sun. He said yes. I said BUMMER! I hate having to do church myself (but I do have the in-laws, so it'll be okay). Next time TOFW comes to Dallas, my sister-in-law, Cindy & me, and our older daughters are going to go. I heard one is coming to Shreveport this fall. Cindy can't go then because she is due around Sep. 6th (she's having a boy~ Ethan Ryan!).

Besides Lauren & Josh have a stake activity on Saturday, and I have to take them, plus Victoria and Tylor to the church so they can get a ride. We are leaving at 10a even though they don't have to be at the church until noon because Josh needs to go to Home Depot & Lowes to check on some supplies for his Eagle Project.

0 Read What I Wrote: