All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

The school system has failed us

We are very disappointed with our school system. When we first moved here, I really had doubts how this school system could deliver as well as Bryan ISD, and now 3 years later, Shawn and I have finally realized that it hasn't. I want to say we are 99% sure we will be homeschooling our children, but I don't want to say yes yet. After years of saying *I WOULD NEVER* homeschool, it looks like it's going to have to be. Many, many issues of why we have decided to do this. I don't want to go into it yet. I've been searching for programs on-line about how we should do this, and how we should approach it with such a wide variety of grades. I have the support of my husband, my in-laws and my parents, which is all I need.

As for Joey & nursing. He nursed a little bit before bedtime, slept the whole night, and a little bit this morning. He's still been cranky some, but not as bad. He's actually been tolerable. My mom thought it may be his new teeth coming in (he's has a mouthful coming in!), and I told her I thought so too, and have been giving him Tylenol.

2 Read What I Wrote:

Nemmer said...

(It's Nemmer from MDC, btw) Sorry to hear about the school woes. We started homeschooling this year and I really like Sonlight curriculum. Check out homeschoolreviews.com if you want to see reviews on LOTS of programs.

Jileen said...

Heidi, I always said that if public school failed me I would homeschool too. You go, girl! I have a friend who used to live here but now lives in Maryland and she is homeschooling her 4 children and loves it. I can give you her contact info if you want.

Hang in there. You can do it!