All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, April 25, 2008

I hate it when it rains!

And this is why! Rain sometimes will produce lightening and thunder. Something like this:
And then I get calls from this sweet dear lady, who just so happens to be my mother-in-law, who is freaking out about it. Before I go on about the storms... even though Joey doesn't look like he loves his Mamaw, he really does! Given a choice between me or her, he goes to her. That's okay... sometimes I need the break! LOL!! Anyway, back to the storm...
And when there is lightening and thunder there are:
Tornadoes! Every single time, without fail since I have lived here for 3 years, I have gotten this same exact phone call every single time. Let me tell ya, it's enough to make you NUTS! And she knows it too. Sometimes I am very annoyed that she is calling me yet again, and sometimes I just have to laugh it off. True, you never know when the *real thing* will actually happen (Texarkana area has had their panics past few months!), and we rather be safe than sorry, but still! When someone is already on Zoloft to relieve the stress they already have, I don't need more of it!

And what dumb girl is actually standing out there in the tornado (thanks Google!)? I know if I did see one coming, I would take cover, not get a picture! But then again, I haven't ever been in a situation like that, so who knows what I would do! LOL!!

2 Read What I Wrote:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget! You were in one in December 2006!! My kids have never forgotten being chased by the tornado that had just ripped your apartment apart!! That was scary.

Heidi said...

HOW COULD I FORGET THAT?? Ok, so continue with the story... I was in a tornado before, and it was scary! And like Christine said, it ripped our complex apart! I called Christine right after I went outside and told her she couldn't have left at a better time! All windows in the cars in the parking area were gone, and yes, I did hear that "train" noise, and yes, I did run to the closet with my 2 day old baby, but really, I was doomed no matter what. I was in an upstairs apartment! Fortunately, the tornado missed my apartment, tore the roof off the next building, and no one was killed. YIKES! How could I forgotten that? :-s