All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Oh, goodness, it had to be done!

And my baby is not liking it. But if I give in and let him nurse, then I'll never be done! My mom thinks I shouldn't have done it so quickly, but I had too. I am loosing my mind. I've had a few months here and there during the past (almost) 13 years, when I haven't nursed! Did you read that? 13 years! See why I am ready to quit? Joey is sleeping well at night now, but refuses to lie down at naptime. So he sits. He doesn't cry. He just sits in the corner of his crib and sleeps. If you move him he wakes up, so he sits and sleeps (takes after his Grampa!). But at the same time, he has been very cranky. Is it because he wants to nurse? Is it because he is "mourning" the time spent with his mom close? I've tried holding him, and most of the time he will allow me to, unless he sees Lauren or Kayley. He then cries for them. I feel bad, yes, but to keep my sanity, something had to give.

1 Read What I Wrote:

The Trees said...

Wow, you are a saint. I'm sure that's exactly how my mom felt too. She had 7 kids in 10 yrs, bless her little heart. I'm just now realizing how hard that must have been at times. I can't imagine nursing that long.
What lucky kids to have a such a great mom looking out for them. Well, at least that part might be over.