All because two people fell in love...

We met in February 1989, started dating in May, and got married in September. And Josh came *almost* 11 months later, just in case y'all were wondering. And then no more came. We waited, and waited, and then Lauren decided to make her debut in May 1995 (5 weeks early), and then Kayley 1997, Jacob 1998, Krissy 2001, Lindsey 2004 & Joey 2006. We lived in Texas until 2005, and then we moved to Arkansas, just about 25 miles north of Texarkana, Texas. Fortunately all my children are Texans (and my handsome husband) because Texans are just cool. Wish I was a Texan... but husband had to settle with a California gal, which I think is pretty cool too.

Friday, April 18, 2008

So much for not nursing anymore...

After 2 weeks of listening to a baby cry almost 24/7, and no way consoling him, I have decided to nurse him 1-2x a day, but not during the night. Because I am so large in everyway, I still had enough milk to nurse all those babies in Africa, so he was quite happy to be able to nurse this afternoon. Even the mother-in-law, or Kayley could not even get him to stop crying. So I tried nursing him around 5:30pm, and he just smiled and smiled. Has been pretty good since. He is almost 16 months old, and to me, I am done, but apparently he was not. I did nurse Josh until he was 22 months, and Krissy to 21 months, 2 others to 18 months, and 2 stopped at 14 months. I am so not happy that he just can't accept not nursing, but I guess he still needs it. Shawn is glad that I am nursing him again... he just is tired of his crying as much as I am.

But on a happier note... I made a pork roast tonight, and it turned out perfect! Last 3-4 roasts I have done, have turned out horrible (meaning, not done after 4 hrs of roasting!). What I forgot (I am sure) with the last ones, is to put my rack on a lower setting, and I had it on 325, and not 350. It was very good, and everyone loved it.

0 Read What I Wrote: